Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

miss saigon

I was never interested in history until I met the history of Vietnam. Talk about richness and evocative of history – think Vietnam should be put in first place (if not Germany). I even read their history before and after this trip. Then, I vividly picture how past civilization fought for their life and freedom before all this “territory” and country and ownership have been established. Before we can live peacefully knowing that you have your own country and I have mine. Suddenly, I feel like war movies have gone back to life where every minute, people are afraid for their lives. Any minute they can be shot and others may just find them lying on the street cold-blooded (sadly though it’s still happening on some parts of the World). Oh God, I am so thankful I haven’t lived on those times.

While you’re in Vietnam……

Try to indulge on the local food they have. It’s a no-no eating the same food; but if you had it in some other place, then at least you have the chance to taste the a-u-t-h-e-n-t-i-c.

Do activities that locals do and what Vietnam is known for… except if your condition won’t allow you to. I promised myself I would try going in Chu Chi Tunnel – but not merely even halfway, I backed out. My heart starting to beat fast then I can’t breathe and feel like I’m starting to pass out. So before any of that would happen, I backed out. So sad. In order to compromise, I tried firing. :D It was scary-slash-fun. Scary because it was very loud and fun as this is new to me. New = fun!

Gulped and try their local beer and party the night away; that is even if you’re sick. Em’s not feeling well and has runny nose the entire first day. But that doesn’t hinder us to do some bar hopping, we tried their local beer – and we’re surprised that they also offer San Miguel Beer (Philippines’ local beer) there. Haha! Itaas mo.
Bring some memories that will remind you of your Vietnam Trip. *grin*

at syempre, Shopping!!
And since you’re there might as well try crossing the streets… Yikes. Haha. Good luck!**
** credits to verdeja bellemans blog

3comments

Post a Comment

<< Home