I traveled alone.
[ my long overdue entry for my Taiwan trip – thought of posting it before starting a new one. : ) ]
Well, almost. I was alone in my final two days in Taipei. Armed with my map, camera and a few hundred dollars – I bravely hopped on any bus without knowing its destination. Somehow the unknown makes it more thrilling and fun.
Bus 220 was my first adventure. My entire experience was like hopping down whenever something interesting caught my attention. Things I remember that made me push the bus stop button: unique bakery on the street corner, cozy small coffee shop (no, not Starbucks, though there’s lots of it in Taipei), cool car wash station, unique store, group of people flocking together. Well, basically those bits and pieces that comprises Taipei that makes it what it is. Yes, you don't need a super organized itinerary in order to enjoy traveling. Because truth is, the worst thing can get, the better story it makes!
The city is very city (okay, what else did I expect?) Haha! Honestly its super city until I find it boring after few days of strolling around. Think would be better if we had gone out to nearby towns and/or beaches. Oh well. Guess I’m not going to be back here anytime soon. Not to mention that we we're very much disappointed in its food. I know, its suppose to be famous in its dishes right. Now that is really weird.
Maybe I will come back, though other parts of Taiwan sounds more interesting.
And oh yes, I almost got lost. But congratulations to me - I was able to find my way back to the hotel before everything gets really dark. Indeed, it was an adventure!

1comments
At 2/20/2010,
HANINAZIN said…
u r ri8 person
Post a Comment
<< Home