Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Monday, October 31, 2005

Rail Travel

I was watching Discovery Travel and Living just this morning, and landed on to the portion that documented the voyage of New Yorker couple across Europe and South America. No, not through the common airplanes - but by a train. Yes you read it right. Trains. Not an ordinary train I bet you, but super luxurious and lavish trains. They call it rail travel.

All in all they rode 3 trains - the Blue Train, Orient Express and, oh no I forgot the last one. Anyway, I believe one of which is the one we’re seeing on Harry Potter regarded as the Hogwarts Express. In 21 days, they were able to traverse Africa including prominent cities like Cape Town etc, the Switzerland, Venice, Italy, Paris et al. I’m finding myself in constant awe; maybe even open mouthed and I realized that my eyes are becoming bigger every minute or two. It was an experience of total royalty because those trains were not only comfy but also a silent witness of the rich history dating back as early as 20’s or 30’s. It was where the elite and famous people of our olden times used to travel. Old thing indulgence and extravagance, that is. If my memory serves me right, the couple ONLY spent 20 thousand dollars for that whole trip. Don’t get me wrong, thing is, for that tour to cost that much is way too cheap in exchange of the experience and the two continent they were able to explore. Hey, I was able to catch the episode in Travel and Living also - of 'Top 10 most expensive Hotel Rooms in America' - and 15 thousand dollars could only bestow you one night on Top 1 of this, The Plaza in New York and The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. So that is more than half a million pesos in one night!! No way. You see, how’s the difference?

From the looks of it, it left me kinda sad and excited. It seems like my dreams to have that kind of trip someday is kicking me in the a*s in wanting to materialize it as soon as possible.

But..

No, I am trying to live at the present. I want to seize the zest of life slowly and one at a time. At the moment I just want to enjoy where I am and what I have. In God’s time and help I hope and I know I would be doing it also. Right now, what I have is a mental note of that trip so in the future I would know where to splurge the opportunity, a chance in one of the things I’d be so passionate about – to TRAVEL the WORLD!

(sigh) Sarap mangarap!

2comments

Post a Comment

<< Home