So Who?
Let's face the fact. We have cheated on our exams; we pad up the expenses on our tuition fees, etc (those are for argument’s sake only, ok. Haha!). In one way or another, these are all considered as corruption - mainly because that’s the only sources and possibilities presented before our eyes. And truth is, the higher the ladder becomes, the wider the scope will be. I am not justifying the act of corruption here, what I’m saying is everyone has his/her tendency to be such, not because they choose to, but because in the middle of it all, they are somehow eaten by the unjust and dirty system; even though they have the genuine interest of serving prior to the public office given to them.
I have had the chance to see other countries in the past few years. And the nicer those countries are, the more hate/sadness I feel toward my own. Why? Because I know that the country can do more. That she is better than that. That it can also achieve those. Public school students are conducting their classes under the tree, because there’s not enough classrooms built. Police precincts are still using type writers and the very dirty blue logbook for criminal cases instead of utilizing the available technology in the forms of computers, internet and electronic whatsoever and a whole lot more. Reality is, only those politicians are becoming successful and rich (very). The Philippines now and several years ago is still the same, if not poorer. We’ve been left behind by our neighboring countries in terms of economy, growth and urban development.
And once again, we are hearing those promises. I think one of the traits that needs to be checked on those aspiring presidents is that do they really have a genuine interest and determination in helping, serving and improving the country? This does not solely equate as the lesser evil or casting from the shadows of achievements of others (particularly parents), or the most intelligent, or the rich, or of good morality. If only we can find it in one person, but it’s not. I think we should choose the one with the SINCEREST and PUREST intention at the same time with strong DETERMINATION.
In addition, it’s good if we aim for the balance too. For the senators, choose the best from the opposing parties. That way, there will always be a check and balance in the office. Lastly as the article I read somewhere; there is no perfect candidate, but there is a perfect ballot; a vote taken seriously; a vote that was able to weigh all the pros and cons; a vote that you can stand for another 6 years of our lives.
I’m ashamed to admit that I’m not even a registered voter this year and has never been. But to those who have the power to do so, please do use it wisely.

0comments
Post a Comment
<< Home