Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

eLevator ExperiencE


What could be the major difference between a student and an office girl or simply ung mga ngtratrabaho na? Hmm.. good question. Many -- could be your answer.. but for me, one distinct difference is that, now.. that i'm working i'm looking forward for a weekend. As in monday pa lang... Hmm.. *tuesday - wed - thurs - Friday* yes weekend na.. Pano kc in mapua.. pti Saturday may pasok.. yan e kung late ka ngeenroll or simply malas k lng tlga makakuha ng mgandang slot..hehe!
.

Yeah week end na.. atlas mkakapahinga na din.. di mggising ng maaga. di mgpprepare ng lunch and hindi makikisalamuha sa napakatinding traffic!! Sleep muna.. and like most of the people today.. pag natutulog, ksiping n ung cellphone.. to the point na pag may ktxt ka.. ntutulugan mo n lng ng di nrereply.. hmm.. umm tabi tabi po! hehe.. :) It was around lunch time that i finally realize my battery was starting to die. oh no.. not now! *pls* Nevertheless the big problem was that, naiwan ko sa office ung charger ko.. Huhu!!!
.

Btw, this happened around last week of December.. By evening, we decided to go to Cubao.. It's around 7:18pm, when we reached the building.. I parked the car (to an illegal parking) hehe, Saturday nman e.. pwede na un! Pahinga din mga MMDA..I asked my mom to come with me, unfortunately she refused (pagod na daw) .. as if naman lalakarin namin up to 16th flor.. hehe..
.
Finally i went alone.. I entered the building, let the security personnel inspect my bag, push the UP button. I pressed the circular 16th button on the elevator, until it finally closes. I was alone. hmm.. I was watching as the numbered light on the elevator overhead, changes.. 14th..15th..16th..*ding ding* Ok i'm here.. the door opens.. and i stepped out.Ohh it was dark.. the light that lit the floor was only from the light outside the building.. Since mirror nman ung windows.. I got my id, and swiped it in the door's security pass..while inside i was trying to move quikly, coz i can't stand being on a dark place for a long time.. Yeah.. for a simple reason that i'm a
claustrophobic.
.

As I went down.. while watching the again numbered light.. 4th..3rd..2nd floor......... (seems so long) hmm.. until it bumped down harder than the usual.. and in an instance, all the lights just went out. Whoah!!! At first i can't believe it. I WAS STUCKED INSIDE THE ELEVATOR!!!!!- - noOooO, this can't be happening. Fate is really playing sometimes.. I can't think..i just found myself praying an Our Father. I pressed the emergency button, or dunno actually what i was pressing.. and started to shout..Help,help!! (yeah just like in the horror movie we're watching) I can hardly breathe. I just found myself trying to push the buttons for what seems like a thousand hours already.. I've been inside and helpless, for about 5 minutes.. but what I felt was, it has been the longest 5minutes of my life.
.

Until..finally..the elevator opened.. as i stepped outside..I found my mom worriedly running towards me, (coz she know what i'm like when it's dark, and they noticed that the whole building went out of light for a certain period of time) and i ran towards her, hugged her and started to cry..i cried like a baby. I was soo afraid, i can't breathe properly and my whole body was shaking. A mere hug from my mom, was enough to feel that i am now safe. My mom immediately bought an ice tea, from a nearby jollibee outlet, and I drinked it.
.

Still crying, we went inside the car. Until we reached cubao.. i was as if "dumb" and still shocked from what happened.. Until i was able to just crack a joke out of the situation.. "Ok lang sana, buti kung may gwapo akong kasabay!" hehehe.. But that experience is one of a hell experience i can't ever forget.. Whew!! Fate has its way.. someday, somehow.. I promise to face and conquer my fear. .. So help me God!! :D