'd FruStraTed "activist"
Passing the RCBC building, I just find myself gazing outside from the jeepney’s window I was in. With the feeling of excitement I had, I was actually expecting mass of people all in black, cardboards on their hands and shouting as if they can only express words uttered by the would-be ‘leader’ of the rally. Yet I wonder there was none.
.
When I arrived at the school, I was as if naïve, thinking at the back of my mind, why the students, mostly in black (as expected) are still there and acting as if there is no massive protest that would happen. While waiting for em, I sat at the bench (oh I miss the bench at our school’s lobby) I asked the student beside me for some answers, Indeed he said, the rally was cancelled, since they were not able to secure a permit and that the rally was instead carried on in Intramuros (wat the?) grRr! I can’t believe it. The excitement in me was at once swathed with the feeling of disappointment. Dammit!! Well, what else can we do, for one: we cannot go to Intramuros since it will eat too much of our so-called ‘paid hours’ and Second: we just use (or even exploited..hehe!) our lunch breaks.
.
Good thing, we just decided to finally get our ‘aging’ diploma and transcript from the registrar’s office, just to be able to get done, something significant from our trip. We made our mind up to eat first - and with just 37bucks, we were able to have a ‘full blast’ meal - – just enough to bring back the smile on our faces once again. The inihaw na liempo was gooood. Haha. Then we headed off to the registrars’, buti na lng, the diploma with our name on it is still under the name of Mapúa Institute of Technology and not Malayan Colleges. hmmP! :D
.
The only consolation that I had on my way back to the office was that, when I saw a motorcade by the MAPUANS (with balloons and all) and a number of security personnel or police (or whoever that is) in front of RCBC building, carefully making themselves to form human barricade - probably because they are ‘somewhat’ threatened by the supposed-to-be-rally. :p
.
When I arrived at the school, I was as if naïve, thinking at the back of my mind, why the students, mostly in black (as expected) are still there and acting as if there is no massive protest that would happen. While waiting for em, I sat at the bench (oh I miss the bench at our school’s lobby) I asked the student beside me for some answers, Indeed he said, the rally was cancelled, since they were not able to secure a permit and that the rally was instead carried on in Intramuros (wat the?) grRr! I can’t believe it. The excitement in me was at once swathed with the feeling of disappointment. Dammit!! Well, what else can we do, for one: we cannot go to Intramuros since it will eat too much of our so-called ‘paid hours’ and Second: we just use (or even exploited..hehe!) our lunch breaks.
.
Good thing, we just decided to finally get our ‘aging’ diploma and transcript from the registrar’s office, just to be able to get done, something significant from our trip. We made our mind up to eat first - and with just 37bucks, we were able to have a ‘full blast’ meal - – just enough to bring back the smile on our faces once again. The inihaw na liempo was gooood. Haha. Then we headed off to the registrars’, buti na lng, the diploma with our name on it is still under the name of Mapúa Institute of Technology and not Malayan Colleges. hmmP! :D
.
The only consolation that I had on my way back to the office was that, when I saw a motorcade by the MAPUANS (with balloons and all) and a number of security personnel or police (or whoever that is) in front of RCBC building, carefully making themselves to form human barricade - probably because they are ‘somewhat’ threatened by the supposed-to-be-rally. :p

0comments
Post a Comment
<< Home