Thank You'ssssss
Dear God,
It is nearing Christmas and I had a wish in mind –a wish for happiness. And thank You Lord for immediately reminding me, by making me realize that happiness is not something to wish for. Often, we always forget that it doesn’t come as a result of getting something we want but lies solely on recognizing and appreciating what we already have. Being happy doesn’t also mean that everything is and should be perfect, but how we overlook beyond those imperfections and still be grateful. And if I start enumerating them, wow they are numerous. Blessings are overflowing!
I am thankful for my family. We (they, most of the time. Haha!) may have small fights every now and then but at the end of the day we know how we deeply love, support, encourage and care for each other.
I am thankful for my friends. Those genuine friends that came all the way from childhood as well as the new found ones along the way. Seldom would you see friends who haven’t talked or see each other for a longtime – but when they do it’s as if yesterday and you know you can still share your deepest thoughts and emotions but will not judge and instead fight and empathize with you.
I am thankful for my work and my colleagues. Really grateful that I have this work I go to everyday, with this I am able to support my needs and my travels. I am so much blessed too to be working with the people I am working now and the kind of work I am doing. Everything seems to be just right. It may change soon, but still I’m grateful.
I am thankful for my health. If we read newspaper, hear news on TV or in other words become more aware in our environment – we will, beyond doubt, realize that we are so much blessed compare to some. There are those who don’t even have feet to walk or sight to see etc but often than not –these small and general details are the ones we always tend to forget and not appreciate. That’s why every day after I wake up, before anything else, I always say my prayer of thanksgiving for everything that I have and for allowing me to have another day of enjoying it.
I am thankful for my faith. I am glad I have it. It is my strength when everything seems to be falling down. It is my surest option to lean on when everything else seems so wrong. It is my invisible assurance that everything will definitely gonna be alright.
I am thankful for the future. Thank You for the challenges that are about to come, the places that I’m about to see, the people that I’m about to meet, the work that I may be doing. Everything that’s about to happen. We are constantly reminded that some things may not go as we wanted but whatever happen, know that God allows it to happen and we are just in the right place and right time.
Amen.
I’m sure there are still a lot to be thankful for. What’s yours? Nakiki-thanksgiving lang - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

0comments
Post a Comment
<< Home