Ad peRcepTion
I wonder why people are often driven by the power (or illusion in that sense) of an advertisement. You wear 20K-blouse from Gucci, so what? You’re carrying 30K-hand bag from LV, then you’re cool?!
I don’t have anything against those people who in the first place can really afford and want to have these luxuries, if I may call it. But I doubt, do you really want these stuffs or you just fancy for it, given that you feel a certain level of power and pride when you wear one of those. Or perhaps, you get a little praises from your circle of friends and that sad to say, because of this ‘praises’ will come a little dose of respect as well. Think about it. Well, that’s the reality of life.
I myself is not driven and predisposed by these kinds of whim. For one, it might be because I can’t manage to afford such things...(for now). But even when I can, I don’t think I will. Life is a matter of making choices, hence I don’t think that owning the so-called signature items is your choice ALONE, but a preference driven by the supremacy and control of advertisement and packaging. I will not let those vogues influence me in one way or another. I make my own choices. I don’t care if the things I wear are signatures or not. As long as I’m comfortable and as long as I don’t let the monster of pride and the invisible dictatorship of ‘branding’ is concern to overcome me and my decisions.
This is my blog. I deem to say whatever I want and I don’t mean to be rude and vulgar or offend anyone. One more thing, with or without it doesn't make you more or less of a human.. or atleast in my standards. Again, I have nothing against you (in case you’re one of those).
I don’t have anything against those people who in the first place can really afford and want to have these luxuries, if I may call it. But I doubt, do you really want these stuffs or you just fancy for it, given that you feel a certain level of power and pride when you wear one of those. Or perhaps, you get a little praises from your circle of friends and that sad to say, because of this ‘praises’ will come a little dose of respect as well. Think about it. Well, that’s the reality of life.
I myself is not driven and predisposed by these kinds of whim. For one, it might be because I can’t manage to afford such things...(for now). But even when I can, I don’t think I will. Life is a matter of making choices, hence I don’t think that owning the so-called signature items is your choice ALONE, but a preference driven by the supremacy and control of advertisement and packaging. I will not let those vogues influence me in one way or another. I make my own choices. I don’t care if the things I wear are signatures or not. As long as I’m comfortable and as long as I don’t let the monster of pride and the invisible dictatorship of ‘branding’ is concern to overcome me and my decisions.
This is my blog. I deem to say whatever I want and I don’t mean to be rude and vulgar or offend anyone. One more thing, with or without it doesn't make you more or less of a human.. or atleast in my standards. Again, I have nothing against you (in case you’re one of those).

2comments
At 9/08/2005,
Anonymous said…
The Double Nickel Club is a discussion group dedicated to the lifestyle issues of those 55 and older.
At 9/08/2005,
BULLSEYE said…
I can't say that I can or can not say that I do or do not disagree with what I'm not failing to understand what your failing to try and tell me!
Post a Comment
<< Home