Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Congratulations! ur car is dead.

Mission: Pick-up my sis at the airport. ETA: 5:30pm from Cagayan de Oro. She’s lucky enough to be assigned on field to work, including Cebu.
.
Current time: 4:45pm [Sun, Mar. 20]
.
As I was catching my breath from organizing my stuff, my phone alarmed. Lucky enough we are not far-off from the airport, and I know a good way, a shortcut maybe, to reach airport in minimal time. Fewer traffic lights, reduced amount of vehicles and especially less traffic - less hassle. And a 45-minute allowance will just be enough to reach airport.
.
But then, true enough complexities arise when you least expect it. The car has its tantrums just like a little boy. Apparently it did not start, it didn’t start – AT ALL. Dammit! What I’m gonna do? The fuel seems ok, yet worst is, I don’t even know a single thing in the mechanical part of cars. But from the sound of it, I presume the problem maybe from the starter or from the battery. Don’t ask further questions? Certainly, I’ll only ask another one. Just the two words I often hear from my dad as regards of engine trouble.
.
To cut the story short, I failed to fetch my sis. I called my dad, um what I mean is he called me and I told him the problem. He said that the trouble might be in the battery. It was discharged - for the reason that we seldom (VERY seldom) use the car these past few days. Odd as I remember when I just finished my driving lessons, I was so eager to drive. Given the chance; I’ll immediately get hold of the steering wheels. BUT that is before. Now, I find myself making excuses if possible just to keep myself away from the driver’s seat. Hehe.
.
Well I guess that’s simply another piece of reality that stings.
Tediousness / Boredom / Monotony is a slice of truth we face along the way in any venture we decide on. Nonetheless I still have three words for this – Just enjoy life!