Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Adventure...Trip...Escapade!

Summer has reached the vast oceans and tourist spots of the Philippines once again. Where the beach lovers and get-away enthusiasts become stressful and pressured where to go. It seems to me that during this time of the year, everyone are ‘obliged’ to have a trip, otherwise you’re not in the trend. It’s been the talk in the office, in our various circles of friends and of course in our family.

Last night I happen to watch a show that showcases awesome places perfect for the summer! Consequently, included is the AMANPULO. Yes, I know that place do exist, but it was only yesterday I learned that it is in Cuyo, Palawan. Whoah! Yes, I’m a proud inhabitant of Palawan, I was born and I grew up there. That’s why the realization I just discovered left me stunned and taken aback. tsk tsk tsk!

Last summer mah family and I went to Bohol and Cebu. It was a splendid escapade. If you want history and great foods, go to Cebu, but if you want beaches, go to Bohol (don’t need to mention the chocol8 hills, of course). Now, hasn’t got any plans yet. But my hand-picked favorite from those that I’ve seen on TV, is in Cagayan de Oro, where great adventure awaits those who’ll go there (stuff like white water rafting etc). Seems to be risky yet am convinced it’s safe. Also in Vigan, my mom had been there, and I was able to see their pics, thus from what I've seen yesterday - there’s a whole lot more. A ‘living museum’ as what they call it, and a diverge mix of cultures put into one. Result: remarkable scenery and a magnificent experience.

I must say, that seeing tourist spots in our country once a year is a good practice. Not just to spoil ourselves, but to be able to apprehend how magnificent our country is, and how God had really blessed us with such kind of breathtaking panorama. Give time to pamper and delight ourselves once in a while from our hectic and tiring work, and these kinds of trip is sure to be one. And I quote: Planuhin, pag-ipunan at Biyahe na! - Trips where the relaxation is definitely part of the plan and where your holiday fantasies will sure to become a reality. :S