Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Know the Tow

Check list complete. That’s how we were able to go round the not-so-good-and-fun experience that we had last Saturday. Early morning, my mom asked me to drop her off at Malacañang for the wedding she will attend to. Rule no. 1 – Don’t make excuses and Rule no. 2 – I have no choice, anyways. After dropping her off, my sisters and I agreed to go straight at Globe (main office), coz I finally made up my mind to get a cell phone plan.

We parked at the street near Globe where a dozen of other cars are also parked, and headed straight to the business centre. The transaction just took probably 30 minutes or less. With my new number I was trying to put in my head and at the same time trying to get the car key on my bag, we just realized that the keys on my hand is now useless since the ignition of the car where it should be put is GONE anyways. Yes, it was carnapped!

Nah, just kidding, it was towed. Call me imperceptive, its fine. Just tell me that the rest of the cars on that same street should be towed also and the drivers are all stupid nonetheless. What we found was a piece of paper under a stone with a sketch where we could pay the penalties on the ground of illegal parking.

In short it took a lot of temper from my sis (hehe, hi det!) talking to the lawyer at the releasing office, eats a lot of our time, and extracted a good amount of money on my card. Whew! It’s still an experience though. In the end, we just found ourselves laughing at the circumstance and cracking a joke out of the situation that our check list is now complete in terms of traffic violations down to arguing with a police officer, and now, to a car being towed.

Still, even we weren’t able to play badminton that day; good thing is we were able to come on time to fetch my mom at Malacañang, IF NOT - wow, it will double the trouble for sure. ^_*