Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Raison d'être to smile

When I was a kid, I was frequently compared to my mom, “kamuka mo nanay mo” or “sa lahat sa ‘nyo, ikaw pinaka-kamuka ng mommy mo”. Yeah, that line continues to echo every time a family friend or long lost relative sees me. As a child who would’ve care? I’m not.

When I was a kid, I picture a mother, or a parent as the one who have all the authority to order or dominion things from their kids. You see, I’m the most lethargic creature at home ever since, that when I was little, every time my mom would command me to this and that, I become really annoyed. Kumbaga pag may utos, kasunod dabog. (Sheesh, funny!)

When I was a kid, a mother is someone who will take care of you, every time you’re sick. Asks you what you want to eat, comforts you each time you’re in pain.

20 years of existence in this world fairly able to define a mother in more gist and deepness. She is more than that. I can’t really explicate how I consider myself to be soo lucky to have a mother like she is. She is very kind-hearted. Have a big heart for everyone. Have long string of patience in everything, keeping in mind that all will eventually happen and be given on God’s time. Have a loving heart that easily forgives. Faith that’s able to naturally radiance on her that then casts on us. So influential that in no words, she can let us respect her and love her so dearly. The values that we have and hold are because of her (and my dad). In which I also believe what makes our feet firm on the ground and unconsciously strive each day in becoming a better person from yesterday.

Other than the given roles and responsibilities of a mother, she taught us to love, to forgive, to be humble, to learn to respect people, to always give smile to strangers, to trust people, to have faith, and well - yes, I guess everything. I always believe that once a woman becomes a mother, she will consequently become one of the greatest people on earth - If not in the standards of a super hero but a hero in its truest sense.

My mom is never the type of person that always demands what she likes. She has this full respect and trust in us, that whatever will make us happy - she will support and eventually be our fall back in case we fail or get hurt. I can write a lot of words here to describe how she is to me, to us. But I say that wouldn’t really be as much as necessary to express my gratitude and appreciation to God for giving us the mother that we have.

It’s true, we cannot really choose who will happen to be our mother, but know what, if I can – without any doubt it would still be her.

Happy Birthday muds!! ayabyu. :D