Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Saturday, July 15, 2006

sour grape (?)

Fortuitously, I overheard a guy who was accused of doing something he didn’t do (or at least according to him). He was defending himself (of course), and even said he was not sour graping. Uhmm, for some reason, my senses tell me he is not using the connotation properly.

‘Sour graping’ is used wrongly, frequently, in fact. I know this ‘cause I myself was once a dupe for having the incorrect usage of referring this to some sort of resentment or animosity, but later on discovered that it shouldn’t be.

Sour grape or ‘sour graping’ (as often used, in which is also wrong.. because there’s no such word as ‘graping’) means to deny something you really like however cannot have or get. As a proof, I googled the net and found this with a very good illustration . . . and if you want to check some common errors in English (I also found this), might want to check it out as well. The site is quite good.

And btw, I heard a lot of people saying ATM machines... please.... ATM stands for Automated Teller Machine.. You can't possibly say Automated Teller Machine Machines right?? (I just remembered, it's also there)

Have a rainy & cold Friday y’all. :)

If ever I said something wrongly, just let me know. Still, nobody's perfect. nyahahah! :D

1comments

Post a Comment

<< Home