Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Monday, August 27, 2007

Fantarific TRIP!

Angelina Jolie’s Tomb Raider movie in 2001 can probably be considered as one of the biggest contributor in putting the Angkor Wat (in Cambodia) into map OR if it's already is, making it rather more famous and legendary. Thus attracting tourists from all over the world, including myself. :D

The last 2 weekends have been tiring, wallet-smasher, a great adventure and fun. Not just fun but more of this-is-the-life kind of FUN! I spent the 2 August long weekends in Thailand and Cambodia! Thanks to R.A. 9492 and all the heroes of those holidays! =)

Isang Mahaaaaaabang Biyahe!

Grabe! We traveled for almost 1 day. Our flight to Bangkok is 10:45pm and we arrived at Siem Reap, Cambodia around 4:00pm the following day. Aah, just do the math. I’m telling you, traveling from Bangkok to the border was just easy and ‘normal’. But from Poipet (Cambodian border) onwards the trip had become not as easy. Never did I expect that the loopholes are big enough to consider as bomb/nuclear holes. In fact, we called this road an abortion road. Because if you’re pregnant, lagot murder ang magiging kaso mo! Lol! A good body massage is highly, highly recommended in order to soothe you after this relatively painful trip. Good thing, Siem Reap has a lot of those.

Sugod kami agad sa sunset after the late-late lunch (fyi, sunsets and sunrise are included in the Angkor Wat tour. Theirs are one of the most beautiful in the world, they say.). Had our lunch in Khmer Kitchen (pronounced as Ku-mey), relying on the author’s choice at Lonely Planet book and our tour guide’s advice. Glad they never disappointed us. Sarrap ng food! Enough for me to love Cambodian food right at that very moment! Ohh lala!

Ang haba ng uphill trek going to Sunset’s ‘viewing deck’. Unfortunately we didn’t have a good view of it, a cloud was covering the sun. End of Cambodia Day 1 after gulping fruit shake and fried rice from one of the restau in the city streets. In short street food. :-p

What’s more? More Wats!!

Sunrise. Their sunrise is strategically located behind the Angkor Wat with its reflection on the moat. Okay, enough. Let the pictures talk! What a treat to start the day.
(click to view fullsize)

Breath-taking ‘no? Feeling ko magaling akong photographer. Haha. Walang kokontra! =p






Prior to planning this trip, I never really think of Cambodia as one of my dream vacation spot. Had this picture on my mind na mahirap ang tubig, sobrang init and madami ding beggars (though there are some). But no, I was wrong. Well, probably on the town of Siem Reap (never really had the chance to explore the entire country). So amusing, cause when you walk in their streets you’d probably be thinking 2nd thoughts if you’re really in Cambodia because it’s flooded with different races. Irish, Americans, Brazilians, Chinese, Japanese etc etc. Thanks to Angkor Wat - Cambodia’s most priced possessions. And their number 1 source of income. We explored the ruins for two days at the price of US $40.






















Why bother coming to Cambodia of all the other Asian countries? Hopefully not just for Angkor Wat but also to immerse into another’s culture and interact with the locals. Well here, a golden opportunity awaits you.

Whew! Ganda! Saya! Totally worth it! Kung wala pa kayong plano makita ‘to, aba e dapat simulan nyo na!

Sawadee Ka!

Thailand on the other hand offers a different kind of experience to tourists. Compared to Cambodia where we really felt we were in a foreign place, plus the taste of probinsya and tomb raider-feel on the side (hi-yaahh!), Bangkok is relatively comparable to Metro Manila, in the same way that thay have the unbelievable amount of traffic during rush hours and pollution. Pero. Mas maraming turista doon kesa dito. Maybe because they have the Patpong and the shoppaholic's haven (lots of it).



















Wala lang..









Syet! Sarap mag-biyahe!

As I post this entry, and while I rest my head on the chair thinking the work I’ll be facing in days to come. *sigh*

Perhaps....

I need another trip!