Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments!

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Thursday, November 13, 2008

just one of those random thoughts...

When you're placed in a situation where you're not allowed (or forced) to think of anything, or to decide on something, or do something you're not really 100% enjoys (Read: work) - I thought you'll have ENOUGH time to make your mind rest and just be idle for sometime. But to the contrary, it doesn't; rather it'll make your mind think of a lot more things you haven't reflected or think about when you're mind is busy with something else. Or atleast on my case.

To give you a background of what I'm talking about - I've been a bum for a month now, literally! On the first phase, I admit I really do enjoy it, BIG TIME. That was the first time I get myself off from working since graduation. (fyi. I started working a week after it, you know. And mind you, it sucks) Haha! But then as time passed, I realized its not that enjoyable after all. Well thanks to my ipod (aahhh music), couple of movies and books that I have - they helped me get through this boredom.

Anyway, as I reflect on one of those idle times I have, life is really moving fast now. I tried to look back and realize how much I've grown up (or how much I haven't). Sometimes I feel like I'm this mature person who talks about future; help others realize that there is a supreme being, really; encourage someone to do investments; do things worthwhile; and basically to just enjoy earth and make the most out of life. On one hand, I can't deny the fact that (sometimes) I'm still childish as if I'm in high school, moody, gullible, bungisngisera and well yes, clumsy. This list could go on...

But.

On top of that, I'd like to believe that somehow I really did grow up (not so much in height though, haha). I started to think of my future. Of saving money. Of becoming more appreciative to everything: people, places, gestures, kind words, family, God or even the not-so-good circumstances. Of becoming and trying to be independent (seems to be kinda late, don't you think?!). Of realizing how one is capable of loving, forgiving and hurting. Of moving on. Of embracing change. Of having nothing but still be happy. Of dreaming and reaching a goal.

In one way or another, a person will comprehend all these. I wish that it will not remain to be just a realization but actually a reality. Of course, it depends on how you do life.

Don't be too serious though, its still best to accomplish everything with childlike heart. Especially, that of bungisngis part. =)

1comments

  • At 11/19/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    okay your no.1 fan is here, uhhmmm nice write-up.. ganyan talaga pagtumatanda na.. hahahah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home